bunnyhugs & vico

This is a blog all about me. And everything I do and everything I see. I got a feeling, got a bit of an inkling... as long as we're together, it'll be okay.

Friday, February 23, 2007

Marie and Sophia

I'm part way through watching Marie Antoinette and so far it's alright. As a history major I've always had a pet peeve about accents in period films (how they almost always have a British accent for whatever country the story takes place in) and this one is no different. Marie and Louis don't have accents at all which I prefer but then others have French or British. The costumes are divine, I'm in love with them all. The music is different but so far it's working for me. I know that the French people had some serious problems with how Marie was portrayed and booed the film at Cannes. Marie is one of my favourite historical figures. Her story is tragic but so interesting. I think that Sophia has done a good job. Now, if I could only fit myself into one of those dresses...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home